Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Misplaced fury and verbal diarrhea

This post is going to be short despite the title making it seem otherwise.

I want to scream and yell a million things at a million people but that would only cause mass panic and I'd be hoarse for months on end. Honestly, I'd like to be able to draw up the courage to say/do what needs to be said/done when the time comes. I choose not to because I'm scared. I'm scared of being seen doing the right thing...

How fucked up is that?

Society contains so many aspects, large and small, that I'd just like to sit down and dissect, piece by piece. The former is a prime example. Why is it that people are afraid to do the right thing? Fear of acceptance? Fear of reprisal? Fear in general? Where in being brought up in society did the association of the emotion fear get coupled with the societal virtue of doing the right thing?

That's enough for this evening... the room I'm sitting in is extremely too cold and I'm starting to ash (which is pretty sad)

Til next time

No comments: