Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Before the Sun

So I never understood why there was a reason to get up early... I mean in basic training one of the key elements to getting up early was that most people will say there was no way that we'd be able to do all of the things that we did on a daily basis. However with the guidance of your instructor, you would be able to see that everything over the course of the day and be impressed that getting up earlier allowed you to accomplish so much.

But the problem comes in the fact that when you reach Tech School, there are not the same list of things to do everyday. Why is it necessary then to still get up early? Sense of habit? No... That's why some people are still late... Does it serve as a form of discipline to those who lack it? As an expert in that field, I'll say it only really matters when you are punished. And in further response, I'll add that it only makes someone resistant to change formulate ways around getting caught.

So in the end what does waking up early actually do for us? I'm still not sure at this stage... But I do know that I woke myself up this morning for the first time in a long time... and I want it to be like this every morning. So I'm going to start sleeping earlier and earlier until I find that happy medium where I can get up for PT without delay and make it to formation without rushing...

ah well... time to get going for the day... Morning World

No comments: